I can hardly find words to describe the beauty of Rome, probably my favorite city in the world. That’s why I chose to let you have a little wild archaeological photo tour  of the ancient Rome, one of the most fascinating areas of the ‘eternal city’. And, if you feel brave enough to go up and down the seven hills, a great way to explore the city is discovering Rome by bike.

The Temple of Castor and Pollux

Rome, Trajan’s Column

Arch of Constantine
Rome,  Arch of Constantine

Rome, Arch of Constantine

More reading: Solving Food Mysteries on a Rome Market Tour

_______

If you liked this story, you may want to subscribe to Wild About Travel Newsletter for more travel inspiration

About The Author

Travel addict and passionate about photography, Simon Falvo started Wild About Travel back in 2009. Leveraging her strong PR background, she developed an extensive knowledge of Digital Communications and Social Media Marketing. Besides travel writing SImon holds workshops and trainings, she collaborated with tourism boards for digital marketing campaigns and participated as a speaker at several events.

22 Responses

1. Carol

Much of Roman history deals with wars, which means Roman soldiers in Roman legions fighting first Italians, then as the Empire expanded, other peoples around the Mediterranean. The Roman Empire depended on the Roman army. Not only did the legionaries conquer, but they spread the language and culture of Rome to Europe to the Rhine. Aside from this, I love the pictures you shared.

2. Jeff Titelius

Gorgeous photos of one of my most favorite cities in the world dear Simon!! I especially love your Temple of Castor and Pollux and the contrasting tones of the stone columns and trees behind. It’s Magnificent!

3. John

Sadly, I have never visited Rome, but would love to wonder around Roman ruins or visit Keats’ grave. Oh, and enjoy being in Italy. There is now country quite like it.

4. Enda Ginting

Been there 3 weeks ago and got the same feeling as you are. Rome is simply fantastic, so envy that one city can inherit so many treasures..

5. Anya

Great photos! I just wrote a post about Rome and uploaded images of the same landmarks, but it’s interesting how the same sites can look different in pictures taken from a different angle!

6. Amer

Great photos of Rome! This is the only city I desperately want to visit! Sometimes it makes me wonder how I’ve missed this city over the likes of Sarajevo and Tirana for instance. Crazy. Well maybe I’ll leave the best for the last.

• waitinginthedark

Rome is really unique, Amer, and I’m sure that sooner or later you’ll have the chance to visit it. I go again and again, and always find it awesome!

7. James

These are nice Roman monuments and statues for one to visit. I have never personally seen the Arch of Constantine, but that gives me another excuse to go back to Rome ;-)

• Simon

Impossible not to fall in love with Rome, Leslie. It’s one of the cities one has to visit at least once in life!

8. Juno

For some reason, I remembered all of your Rome posts when I was in Rome. I think it’s because you can appreciate your history and your country. :) Glad to see the wonderful photos again.

• Simon

How can of you, Juno. Well… It’s no mystery that I’m in love with Rome and Europe cultural heritage :-)

• Simon

How kind of you, Juno. Well… It’s no mystery that I’m in love with Rome and Europe cultural heritage :-)

9. Lori

Really lovely photos! Rome is on my travel list – my husband was there with his job, and from what he told me, I definitely have to go there and experience Rome first hand :)

• Simon Falvo

Rome is like no other city in the world, Lori, and it’s impossible not to fall in love with it. Not only, when you go there once, you want to go back, and then back again!